1. Complete the "Meeting Asciepius" exercise on track #4 of the Dacher CD. Describe your meditative practice(s) for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?
I was finally able to sit through this exercise and really focus. I enjoyed spending some time with my grandfather that passed away 13 years ago. He always had a lesson to teach me about health, life, finance, and freedom. He was a strong leader that demonstrated wisdom and compassion.
If it is easy to experience a meditative state with my grandfather, then I should be able to do the same with God. He is the light, the love, the healer. By continuing in mindfulness prayer with my Heavenly Father, then I will be able to find the wisdom and healing that is most needed in my life. No matter what life throws at us, we can get through it because; If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
2. Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477). How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?
I believe a true teacher has gone through them self what they are teaching. It’s easy to tell someone you are sorry for what they are going through, but when you have actually been to that level yourself, compassion and love come into play. I feel this does apply to the health and wellness profession. In doing these mindfulness and meditation exercises in this class, I can actually help people know what to expect and feel because I have practiced them myself. I will be able to recognize better what they are feeling and help them know what step to take next. I have been involved with Herbalife now for over ten years. I cannot help others know what they need without knowing what the products do. By taking the products myself I develop a testimony of their healing attributes. Because of this testimony, passion is developed and others will be drawn to what I know and have and want to know and have what I have.
Developing psychological and spiritual growth in my personal life will only make me be a better health and wellness coach. Life is developed in a circle; we are constantly bettering ourselves in every way. We never reach perfection because we are always learning and growing. Life circumstances change us as well, so we have to change our outlook and practices to fit our needs.
Why Health?
For as long as I can remember I have had a passion for health and having a healthy lifestyle. My desire for this blog is to bring information to those wanting to change their lives for the better through examining the psychological and spiritual aspects of health and wellness.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would love to be a health and wellness coach, but was wondering what the rules are on this...do you have any advice for how I can take my degree further? I know every state is different, and there are probably rules for counseling others. It is great that you know what you want, and are going after it!
ReplyDeleteSelena
I think that you are correct when you stated that we can empathize with someone but untill we have honestly been in their place it is only words not a meeting of the heart and truly a feeling of compassion for that individual.
ReplyDeleteI mentioned in my blog that I could see how this exercise would benefit those of us that have lost a loved one. It would help us reconnect with them and realize how special our time was with them. Great Blog, and I always enjoy reading what you have to say. I can witness that you are a kind and caring individual that is ready to jump in and help others.