1. Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
PHYSICAL WELL-BEING
I rate my physical well-being at around a 7 right now. I am in better shape than I have been in a long time, but I haven’t quite mastered it. I still lose motivation in exercising, and allow other things to interfere.
SPIRITUAL WELL-BEING
I rate my spiritual well-being at a 6. I have neglected my spirituality greatly. I have been focusing more on my physical and psychological more, and I have felt the great imbalance in my life.
PSYCHOLOGICAL WELL-BEING
I rate my psychological well-being at a 6 also. I allow negative thoughts and feelings interfere with my life, which in turn, creates a negative person in me.
2. Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
PHYSICAL
My physical goals are to improve my stamina, strength, flexibility, and balance, and improve my diet.
SPIRITUAL
For my spiritual well-being, I will increase my faith and meekness.
PSYCHOLOGICAL
My psychological goal is to reduce my stress.
3. What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
PHYSICAL
To improve my stamina, I will run 2 miles every day. To increase my strength and balance, I will exercise to my Insanity DVD Monday through Saturday. To increase my flexibility, I will stretch for ten minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night. To help me with my diet, I will use my account at MyPyramid Tracker to help with tracking the balance of my meals. This will insure that get all that I need nutritionally. I will also implement the Lemonade Diet the first weekend of every month to help cleanse my body
SPIRITUAL
To reach my spiritual goal of increasing my faith, I will pray more diligent and more frequently. I will include a family prayer where I can help my children feel safer and increase their faith as well. I will also feast more in the Lord’s scriptures and listen or read other uplifting music, talks, books, and magazines. To help me become meeker, I will use a calmer voice to talk to my kids when I get frustrated with them. I will use the practices I learned from my Parenting with Love and Logic class.
PSYCHOLOGICAL
For reducing my stress, I will prioritize my activities and get rid of those that are unnecessary and waste my time. I will use time management to get my school work done early in the day so I can give my husband and children my undivided attention in the evenings. Also by using the deep breathing technique, I will learn to breathe through my frustrations and take the time to really assess my thoughts and actions.
4. THE RAINBOW MEDITATION
Being a very visual person, I found this meditation very pleasant. I loved putting a color, a quality, and a saying with a body part to help relax the whole mind and body. What I liked best was the phrases and affirmations. These specific affirmations helped me to focus on my priorities, put them into perspective, and feel good about myself. The Rainbow Meditation is a technique I will use frequently for myself and my family.
References
Kaplan University. (2010). Unit 3: Your Blog. The Crime of the Century. Retrieved from http://kucourses.com/ec/crs/default.learn?CourseID=4326498&Survey=1&47=6496213&ClientNodeID=405111&coursenav=2&bhcp=1.
Why Health?
For as long as I can remember I have had a passion for health and having a healthy lifestyle. My desire for this blog is to bring information to those wanting to change their lives for the better through examining the psychological and spiritual aspects of health and wellness.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You did an amazing job with the post this week! It was encouraging! You have a well laid out plan, and it is bound to lead to success if you stick to it. :) I appreciated your realistic behavior regarding where you stand right now and where you want to go. Your post was motivational. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteTara
Oh- I am curious. What is the Lemonade Diet that you plan on doing on the first weekend of each month?
ReplyDeleteHello Cami,
ReplyDeleteYour plan is very stimulating. Your physical goal made me feel very motivated :)
I also have being working on talking to my children with a more softer tone of voice when they are not behaving and I know how hard it can be. Good luck on working on your goals!
You have an excellent plan :)