Why Health?

For as long as I can remember I have had a passion for health and having a healthy lifestyle. My desire for this blog is to bring information to those wanting to change their lives for the better through examining the psychological and spiritual aspects of health and wellness.



Friday, August 6, 2010

Unit 2 Reflective Response to the Journey On Relaxation

I am not one that meditates or sits still for very long, so I had a hard time in the beginning of this exercise. I was impressed that the narrator suggested to take off shoes, loosen clothing, and even take off a watch.

The mind-body connection is amazing. We are able to make any part of our body relaxed and comfortable just by telling our body to do so. I like this exercise in that it only focusing on a small part of the body at a time. It's easier to put all the focus on one part of the body than just trying to sit and relax the whole body. Stress in most people shows in tension in the neck and shoulders, so I enjoyed just focusing on this area and relieving this tension.

By just imagining energy moving through the body, I felt energized and lighter when done.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I've never meditated for long periods of time. Even though I know how beneficial it is, I never make time to do it. Perhaps it becomes more gratifying over time, which would encourage me to make the time for it.

    ReplyDelete